From the Cricket World Cup to the Rugby World Cup and everything in between, 2019 promises to be a special year for sport. That’s why we’ve created this handy guide, full of handy tips and tricks, so you don’t miss any of the action!
Our Sporting Highlights
Often cheaper rates can be picked up if you book early and in the case of some sporting events – if you book before competitors are confirmed. Availability of flights, hotels, and rental cars can disappear in a hurry, so booking as soon as you know that you’re going to the event, is the only way to ensure that you can get there and that you’ll have a place to stay!
If you are travelling overseas with kit, our experienced agents can help with arranging your carnets. Get in touch!
Make sure you know how to get to the venue! It seems obvious but make sure you know where to park and if you’re using public transport – make sure that there isn’t a reduced or cancelled service because of the event!
When travelling to events in London (such as Wimbledon), try to use the tube and the tram during peak travel times, but if it’s busy try getting off at the stop before (or the second nearest) and walk…. sometimes its only 10 minutes away!
Beware of any scams involving counterfeit tickets. It’s best to purchase tickets from a team-sanctioned ticket reseller or through a site like Ticketmaster, which guarantees the ticket. The ticket could still be fake, but at least you can get your money back!
Don’t worry if you’re stuck! We go the extra mile at Access, so if you’re in need we can help 24 hours a day!
General Hints and Tips
- Research the area, know where the dangerous places are and stay away!
- Don’t carry too much cash at a time; some countries actually prefer card payments so try to use a card as much as possible.
- Always carry your passport or at the least a copy of it.
- Food and souvenir prices are notoriously high inside sporting venues. You will almost always save more money and eat better food outside the venue.
- Social media is great for sharing photos of your trip with your friends, but whilst apps can enhance your trip, they do tend to drain your phone’s battery, so be sure to take a power bank!
- Remember road closures could limit the way you travel to the event!
We hope you have an awesome time at some of 2019’s hottest sporting events!
Remember! If there’s anything we can do to help with your travel and accommodation, let us know!