With over 30 years experience booking rooms for the media industry we have some pretty handy tips to save you time and money these are our favourite!
- Booking in advance is cheaper than buying at the station
- Advanced fares are usually available until at least 6pm the day prior to travel
- Cheaper advanced fares are available up to 12 weeks before travel
- Book early to ensure you get the best rate
- Try to avoid blackout dates where hotels will be fully booked
- Save money by booking a self catering apartment or villa. Share facilities but have the luxury of your own room.
- Book Sunday stays for cheap sleeps
- Sign up to loyalty schemes. Intercontinental Hotels (brands like Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn Express) offer members free internet access at all of their hotels throughout Europe and the rest of the world
- Booking with low cost carriers can often be cheaper than scheduled carriers
- When flying to/from London consider using other alternatives to Heathrow
- Book early to get the best fares
- When flying long haul stopping over in between legs could save you money
- Avoid costly fuel surcharges by returning your vehicle with a full tank of fuel
- If you need to off hire your vehicle earlier than booked let the car hire company know as soon as possible
- Check various car hire classes for the cheapest suitable vehicle
- Going to cover a large distance? Don’t forget to add on unlimited mileage
- Crossing national or internal borders? Ensure you’re covered by the insurance
- Check your car inside and out when you collect it. Take pictures if you can and make sure that spare tyre is there
Of course our top tip is to book through Access. With over three decades of experience in the travel industry our team of experienced bookers can help, assist and advise on what’s best for your individual requirements.