2018 sees the return of the Commonwealth Games to Australia, and this time it’s the Gold Coasts turn! 70 teams and over 6,000 athletes and team officials will make their way to Queensland to share and celebrate the largest sporting event to be hosted in Australia this decade.
If you are planning on visiting these are our top 5 tips for visiting the area.
1) Elk Espresso Café – Start your day right with breakfast or brunch at this Broadbeach institution! Indulge in one of their legendary cronuts or soak up the laid back beach vibe as you overlook Broadbeach Park.
2) Kurrawa Surf Club – Soak up the Aussie lifestyle with an ice cold drink and mouth watering meal as you watch the waves of the Pacific Ocean crash in the distance.
3) Tamborine Mountain – Only an hour’s drive from Surfers Paradise or Brisbane is the Gold Coast Hinterland. No trip to Queensland is complete without a trip to “The Green Behind the Gold”. There’s plenty to do for all ages from the Glow Worm Caves to the Rainforest Skywalk and Treetop Challenge.
4) Dracula’s Restaurant – Sink your teeth into a weird and wonderful night of food and entertainment at Dracula’s. A medley of burlesque, magic and terror, maybe this is one to leave the kids at home for, after all the waiters suck!
5) Coombabah Wetlands – 20 mins from Surfers Paradise is the Coombabah Lakelands Conservation Area. If you’re lucky you might just see kangaroos lazing around in the sun or spot a Koala feeding.
Our dedicated sports team work with a range of clients including broadcasters, OB companies and sports teams. With over 30 years experience we provide the winning solution for all your travel needs. Get in touch to find our how we can help!